WIAW: November 5, 2014 (Recent Eats)

It’s the first Wednesday of November, and I am completely baffled as to how in the world we have gotten this far in the year 2014 already.  The Thanksgiving/Christmas-loving part of me is pretty excited about it, though!  I just cannot help but get into the holiday spirit the instant that November rolls in.  I may or may not have already put up my Christmas tree…  yes, I am one of those people.

Despite my fascination with all things Christmas, I promise that I am not a complete weirdo.  I at least think I am pretty normal when it comes to my love for delicious food.  And plenty of delicious food has been had lately.  Check out my latest eats and make sure to share your favorite recent eats in the comments!

wiaw-fall-into-good-habits-buttonI am linking up with Jenn from Peas and Crayons for What I Ate Wednesday!

What I Ate Wednesday: November 5, 2014 (Recent Eats)

recent eats 9My breakfast every. single. Saturday.  I love everything about acai bowls.  Also, I have a confession… I have a really hard time pronouncing these “ah-sy-ee” and instead always mispronounce them as “ah-see-i.”  Somebody please help break me of this!

recent eats 11Another recent breakfast (and yes, in the same bowl): mixed cereal… because one kind is never enough!  In the mix: Kashi Go Lean original, puffed kamut, Cascadian Farms Chocolate O’s (so good), and Whole Foods 365 Whole Wheat Flakes.  I topped it off with unsweetened vanilla almond milk.

recent eats 6Another squash filled salad, but this time with tempeh “bacon!”  In the bowl: lettuce, onions, red peppers, tomatoes, sauerkraut, roasted butternut squash, tempeh “bacon,” and vegan chia ranch dressing.

recent eats 3I used that same tempeh to make tempeh “bacon” TLT sandwiches (toasted sprouted bread, Vegenaise, lettuce, tomatoes, and tempeh “bacon”).  On the side I ate steamed brussel sprouts.

recent eatsAnd look… more brussel sprouts!  I ate them alongside one of my freezer black bean and quinoa burritos with salsa.  I love having burritos in my freezer to pull out when I am feeling lazy and do not want to cook.

buffalo chickpea 9A delicious and just-spicy-enough salad that I will be sharing more about on Monday!

omaha tap house 3Here is an inside look at my “hangover” burger that I talked about yesterday from my weekend trip to Omaha Tap House.  Yes, that is a veggie burger with cheese, hashbrowns, and a fried egg.  It was deeeelicious!

omaha benson 2I also mentioned yesterday that I ate vegan seitan wings at Benson Brewery and tried two fantastic appetizers.  The first one was pretzel sticks with a beer cheese dip.  The dip was unbelievable.  I honestly could have drank it right out of the container.

omaha benson 3I also had the opportunity to try Jeremy’s poutine fries.  Poutine is a Canadian tradition and essentially consists of french fries covered in cheese and gravy.  I loved this vegetarian version!

recent eats 4This is my new favorite addiction.  I love cashews and I love cashew butter!

recent eats 5I have been eating my cashew butter with apples a lot lately.

recent eats 2Another thing that I have been loving for dippage are these single-serve packages of guacamole.  I love dipping vegetables in it and spreading it on toast.

recent eats 7Have I ever told you that I love Twizzlers?  I rarely buy them because I have zero self-control around them.  But when I had a movie night with my friends last weekend I needed some candy to accompany it.  I went with the Twizzlers Bites.  Also, there is no way that there are 3.5 servings in that box.  That is a joke.

recent eats 8Jeremy and I also shared this beer during the movie.  I love New Belgium beers and I love, love, love sours!

recent eats 12A few more Halloween treats because it is not Halloween without some candy!  Jeremy and I shared these.  All four are definitely big-time favorites of mine!

halloween shark week 2014 3And in the spirit of all things Halloween, a sneak peek of my costume at work.  Can you tell what my department went as?  I’ll post the group shot when I have it!

Have a great Wednesday!

What have you eaten lately that you LOVED?

Share Good Eats
  • meredith @ The Cookie ChRUNicles November 5, 2014, 4:56 am
    When I was 9 months pregnant, I walked around with a big bag of the Twizzlers bites lol. It's so not me but it's what I wanted and I will never forget it. meredith @ The Cookie ChRUNicles recently posted...WIAW- My Appetite Is My ClockMy Profile
    • ClnEatingVegGrl November 5, 2014, 10:42 am
      That is hilarious! I often wonder what kinds of crazy things I will crave when I am pregnant some day.
  • Kelly @ Hidden Fruits and Veggies November 5, 2014, 6:38 am
    Woah, are you telling me that those seitan wings, pretzel sticks, and vegetarian poutine are all from the same restaurant?! Be right there, getting on a plane. It sounds like heaven. Kelly @ Hidden Fruits and Veggies recently posted...Swiss Cheese Corn Dip – Recipe ReduxMy Profile
    • ClnEatingVegGrl November 5, 2014, 10:50 am
      Yes!! You forgot the fact that they are ALSO a brewery. Basically, it is the perfect place!
  • Emily November 5, 2014, 7:31 am
    Oh wow that food looks GOOD! I've been on a soup kick lately. And I keep making pumpkin spice latte pudding cake because I can't get enough of it! Emily recently posted...Cloth Diapering from a New MamaMy Profile
    • ClnEatingVegGrl November 5, 2014, 10:53 am
      Pumpkin spice latte pudding cake? Holy cow, that sounds like heaven!
  • Stacie @ SimplySouthernStacie November 5, 2014, 7:36 am
    I can't believe with how much I love cashews that I have not tried cashew butter yet! It's almost a crime. I love that you already have your Christmas tree up! lol I am so tempted. Stacie @ SimplySouthernStacie recently posted...I Mustache You Some Questions!My Profile
    • ClnEatingVegGrl November 5, 2014, 10:55 am
      I say go for it! It makes my apartment so much cozier. I would honestly keep my tree up year round if it wouldn't make me seem crazy ;) You definitely need to give cashew butter a try, too! It's amazing!
  • Jessie November 5, 2014, 8:20 am
    I can hardly control myself with twizzlers either. I'm a bigger fan of the peel ones though. They were actually a pregnancy craving I had during my first trimester. I couldn't seem to get enough :)
    • ClnEatingVegGrl November 5, 2014, 10:56 am
      I could not agree more!! The pull and peel ones are the BEST!
  • Molly November 5, 2014, 8:50 am
    I also pronounce acai wrong. What exactly is in an acai bowl?
    • ClnEatingVegGrl November 5, 2014, 11:01 am
      I don't know why it is so difficult for me, but I can never seem to get it right!! Essentially it consists of acai smoothie packs (I buy them at Whole Foods), half of a frozen banana, 1/2 cup almond milk, and a little bit of honey all blended up. Then you top it with whatever you want. I usually use granola and frozen berries. People often top them with banana slices and/or coconut too. Acai is a "superfood" that is full of antioxidants.
  • Missy November 5, 2014, 9:08 am
    You're food always loooks sooo good. Let me ask... do your prefer steamed bruss to roasted? I do, but I've never met anyone else who does so very curious here. Very important things. LOL. PS- You're better than me, I still call them "Uh-Keye" bowls with a long "I" at the end. I know better, but it's just the rebel inside.
    • ClnEatingVegGrl November 5, 2014, 7:34 pm
      Haha, too funny!! I am glad I am not the only one who does not pronounce them correctly. As far as the brussel sprouts go, I really like them roasted but I honestly think think that I LOVE them more just steamed with some salt and pepper!
  • Dana @ fresh simple five November 5, 2014, 9:52 am
    Le Terroir is soooo good! I love sours too and New Belgium makes some great ones in their Lips of Faith series. If you can ever get your hands on the sours Goose Island (Chicago-area) makes, I highly, highly recommended them. Dana @ fresh simple five recently posted...Simple Grape Tomato CrostiniMy Profile
    • ClnEatingVegGrl November 5, 2014, 7:36 pm
      Ahh, thanks for the heads up! I will definitely be on the lookout. My bf is a wine and spirits manager at a grocery store so I'll have to ask him about those.
  • Heather (Where's the Beach) November 5, 2014, 9:55 am
    Ooohhh that squash salad looks amazing. And I love Brussels sprouts but tend to forget about them until someone posts pics!
    • ClnEatingVegGrl November 5, 2014, 7:37 pm
      I don't know what it is about me and brussel sprouts right now, but I am SO hooked. I eat them several times each week. You definitely need to get back on the brussel sprouts train!
  • Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine November 5, 2014, 9:59 am
    Cashew butter <3 I am actually excited for all the Christmas! I can't wait for all the TV movies and music to come full blast!
    • ClnEatingVegGrl November 5, 2014, 7:38 pm
      Yay for Christmas!! I am always glad to hear when others are as excited as I am :)
  • genevieve @ gratitude & greens November 5, 2014, 12:29 pm
    Looks like we have a few things in common... I am obsessed with acai bowls and tempeh. I also LOVE poutine, but I'm Canadian, so of course. Still haven't tried cashew butter but I love eating apples and almond butter! genevieve @ gratitude & greens recently posted...The 411: Chai Tea + A Recipe For Maple Chai Lattes!My Profile
    • ClnEatingVegGrl November 5, 2014, 7:39 pm
      It sounds to me like you have REALLY good taste in food!! You definitely need to try cashew butter next!
  • Joanna @Makingmine November 5, 2014, 12:58 pm
    Everything looks great, but of course that cheese and pretzel is just calling my name ;) Joanna @Makingmine recently posted...one word wednesday: halloween editionMy Profile
    • ClnEatingVegGrl November 5, 2014, 7:40 pm
      Oh my gosh, it was SO good. You would LOVE it! We will have to go to Benson Brewery together sometime.
  • Christina @ The Beautiful Balance November 5, 2014, 1:13 pm
    I can not get enough of cashew butter either! Seriously, I think the last jar I purchased has only been eaten out of with a spoon. Haha. Christina @ The Beautiful Balance recently posted...Cherry Cheesecake Crepes – VeganMy Profile
    • ClnEatingVegGrl November 5, 2014, 7:41 pm
      Haha, no shame in that! Sometimes that is literally the best snack when a salty craving hits.
  • Katie @ running4cupcakes November 5, 2014, 3:52 pm
    LOVE cashew butter + those wholly guac minis - so perfect to bring with to work for lunch!! Katie @ running4cupcakes recently posted...New House TourMy Profile
    • ClnEatingVegGrl November 5, 2014, 7:42 pm
      They really are. I get weirded out when I make my own guac and it turns brown so easily, so I love not having to deal with that.
  • Erin @ Her Heartland Soul November 5, 2014, 4:28 pm
    All those brussels sprouts! Yum! Erin @ Her Heartland Soul recently posted...Casual Classic + Ask Me AnythingMy Profile
    • ClnEatingVegGrl November 5, 2014, 7:45 pm
      Never ever too many brussel sprouts.. ever!
  • GiselleR @ Diary of an ExSloth November 5, 2014, 4:56 pm
    I made a huge batch of cookies like an hour ago that I'm systematically working my way through. Clearly, cookies are to me what twizzlers are to you. Also, that veggie burger looks ah-maz-ing. GiselleR @ Diary of an ExSloth recently posted...Spiced Apple & Pear Brown Rice PuddingMy Profile
    • ClnEatingVegGrl November 5, 2014, 7:47 pm
      Oh trust me, I am definitely a cookie lover. I hardly ever make them because I can literally go through a whole batch in like 2 days. Normally when I bake I will take the majority of what I make to work to share ;)
  • Hannah November 5, 2014, 6:28 pm
    I'm obsessed with the cherry flavored Twizzlers--I can't keep them in my apartment because I have ZERO self control when it comes to those. Hannah recently posted...What I Ate WednesdayMy Profile
    • ClnEatingVegGrl November 5, 2014, 7:48 pm
      Apparently we have more in common than just our name. You're right about the cherry ones... especially the pull and peels!
  • Farrah November 5, 2014, 8:32 pm
    All that food looks so, so good! I don't get too much time to eat real meals while I'm in ER, so I'm usually starving by the end of my shift. :x Time to go stuff my face!? Farrah recently posted...Recipe ReDux: Mixed Vegetable Soup [sponsored]My Profile
    • ClnEatingVegGrl November 7, 2014, 1:14 pm
      I bet that is really challenging!! I am fortunate enough to eat pretty good food during my work days.
  • Brittany @ Delights and Delectables November 5, 2014, 9:55 pm
    your eats have my belly growling!! YUM! I am dying to try that cashew butter! Brittany @ Delights and Delectables recently posted...Southern HospitalityMy Profile
    • ClnEatingVegGrl November 7, 2014, 1:15 pm
      It is SO good!! You definitely need to get your hands on it ASAP.
  • Kay @ Kay Bueno November 6, 2014, 12:54 am
    Oh man. Your acai bowl looks amaaaaazing. I seriously want to try everything you posted here. Kay @ Kay Bueno recently posted...What I ate WednesdayMy Profile
    • ClnEatingVegGrl November 7, 2014, 1:16 pm
      Thanks, Kay!! It was SO good!!
  • rachel November 7, 2014, 8:16 pm
    that burger looks like heaven!
    • ClnEatingVegGrl November 8, 2014, 1:00 pm
      It was amaaaaazing... seriously! I cannot wait to go back!