The best Paleo Nightshade-Free Springtime Guacamole using green onions and radishes to give it that perfect kick!
Spring is here! Spring is here! …or at least I think it is considering we saw snow last week.
You know what that means, right? More and more delicious produce is popping up in the grocery stores and co-ops each and every day.
Lately I have been trying to be more intentional about eating seasonally for the sake of saving money (plus, it’s more delicious), so you better believe I always get excited when some of my favorites are in their prime. And because of this, my Nightshade-Free Springtime Guacamole was born.
While I absolutely adore my traditional nightshade-free guacamole, my taste buds have been calling for something a tad different and with a bit of added zip. Look no further for that added zip than in your Spring and early Summer gardens. Two of my favorite in-season veggies have got us covered.
It’s time to swap out the peppers for radishes and the red onion for green onion. Don’t worry, though. We are absolutely keeping the avocados, cilantro, and lots of lime juice.
Nightshade-Free Springtime Guacamole
AIP Paleo, Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Dairy-Free, Vegetarian, Vegan, Nightshade-Free, Nut-Free, Egg-Free, Soy-Free, Whole 30
3 medium ripe avocados
3 green onions
4 medium radishes, greens removed
1/2 tsp fine pink Himalayan sea salt
1 tsp garlic powder
the juice of one small lime
1. Cut the avocados in half and remove the pit. Cut the flesh of the avocados into cubes with a knife and scoop out with a spoon into a medium bowl. Using a spoon or potato masher, mash the avocado cubes until they reach your desired consistency. I like to keep things a bit chunky.
2. Slice the green onions and add them to the bowl of avocado.
3. Dice the radishes into small pieces and add to the bowl.
4. Sprinkle the avocado and veggies with salt and garlic powder.
5. Squeeze the juice of the lime on top and stir everything up until it is well-combined.
Totally non-traditional and totally delicious. It may be nightshade-free, but you are definitely still going to get some spice!
P.S. Scooping this up with plantain chips (or whatever you fancy) is 100% encouraged.
Now go get your Spring on!A delicious Nightshade Free Springtime Guacamole using radishes and green onions! #vegan #Paleo Click To Tweet