WIAW: September 24, 2014 (Recent Eats)

Guess what?  Not only is today Wednesday (Happy Hump Day!), but it is also my half birthday!  Does anyone else like to pretend that their half birthday is kind of a big deal?  No, that’s just me? 😉  Even if you aren’t into celebrating half birthdays, let’s at least celebrate the fact that it is Wednesday and today is all about sharing the latest and greatest of my eats!  FYI, please excuse some of my not-so-pretty Instagram pictures.  It turns out I can’t take my big beautiful Nikon everywhere that I go!

wiaw-fall-into-good-habits-buttonWhat I Ate Wednesday: September 24, 2014 (Recent Eats)

pumpkin pancakes 8A scrumptious stack of pumpkin chocolate chip pancakes topped with peanut butter.  Um, yeah… these are good.  I’ll be posting the recipe soon!

recent eatsAn apple a day keeps the doctor away!  I hope that is the case because I rarely go a day without an apple.

recent eats 3I made Robyn’s Lemony Ginger Red Lentils again and loved them just as much as before.  I served mine over cauliflower rice.

recent eats 2If you would have told me a few years back that I would be eating dried prunes… and loving them, I would have thought you were nuts!  I have been snacking on a few of these each day for the past two weeks.

wiaw 91914 2A cookout at my manager’s house where I ate two grilled Hillary’s black rice burgers, an Asian salad, and macaroni and cheese with corn.  You know you have an awesome manager when he is extra careful to grill your burgers on a separate part of the grill and uses different utensils.  I have trained him well! 😉

wiaw 91914 3I also had a big slice of chocolate cake that his wife made.  It was awesome!

tlt salad 2That would be tempeh “bacon” on a salad.  I’ll have the recipe up for you soon!

recent eatsStill going strong on my chips and salsa snack obsession.

recent eats 2I made Robyn’s Spaghetti Squash Pad Thai for the first time in awhile.  It was a great reminder of why I love it so much.  I am sharing two of Robyn’s recipes in one post?!?  Yes… because they are that good!

wiaw 91914I went to the Nebraska Women in Higher Education Leadership Conference on Friday.  I actually brought food with me because I was not sure if they would have anything vegetarian for lunch, but I was pleasantly surprised.  I saved my packed lunch for dinner and ate a salad with veggies, fruit, and a roll.

cashew chickpea salad 2A new, delicious chickpea salad.  Recipe coming soon!

recent eatsA bowl of mixed cereal with Love Grown Strawberry Power O’s.  They are so good!

Tell me, what have you been eating lately?  Any recipe links you want to share?

Share Good Eats
  • Ashley @ Wishes and Dishes September 24, 2014, 12:59 am
    Can't wait for that chickpea salad recipe...they are my fave. Oh, and I try to celebrate my half birthday every year but my husband won't acknowledge it. How rude. LOL!!! Ashley @ Wishes and Dishes recently posted...Pumpkin Spice Cookie CupsMy Profile
    • ClnEatingVegGrl September 24, 2014, 8:27 am
      How dare him!! He needs to get with it and at least buy you flowers or something!! ;)
  • Jessie September 24, 2014, 1:40 am
    Since I'm always telling you how good your food looks, let's change it up for today... HAPPY 1/2 BIRTHDAY :) :)
    • ClnEatingVegGrl September 24, 2014, 8:35 am
      Haha, thank you Jessie!!! :)
  • Kelly @ Hidden Fruits and Veggies September 24, 2014, 6:19 am
    Josh's half birthday falls on Valentine's day, so I like to pretend that we celebrate his so I can throw a fit when I don't get a present on mine ;-)
    • ClnEatingVegGrl September 24, 2014, 8:35 am
      Oooo, good strategy!!! I hope he buys that! ;)
  • CARLA September 24, 2014, 7:31 am
    ahhh I AWAIT the pancake recipe!!!!! CARLA recently posted...The lies we tell ourselves: part one.My Profile
    • ClnEatingVegGrl September 24, 2014, 8:36 am
      It is pretty darn delicious!! I'll be sharing it next week :)
  • Casey @ Salted Plates September 24, 2014, 9:08 am
    I still celebrate my half birthday! Casey @ Salted Plates recently posted...Fall Food FavoritesMy Profile
    • ClnEatingVegGrl September 24, 2014, 7:13 pm
      Yay!!! I'm glad I am not the only one :)
  • Lindsay @ The Functional Foodie September 24, 2014, 10:29 am
    Such a great WIAW! I love a nice stack of pumpkin pancakes. Yours look especially delicious!!
    • ClnEatingVegGrl September 24, 2014, 2:59 pm
      Thank you Lindsay! I will be posting the recipe soon :)
  • Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health September 24, 2014, 11:38 am
    Every Wednesday you make me drool! I have never seen one thing on here that doesn't interest me. I have yet to try spaghetti squash pad thai but I've heard it's awesome. Will have to do soon. And I can't wait to see your chickpea salad too! Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health recently posted...Spaghetti Squash Burrito BowlsMy Profile
    • ClnEatingVegGrl September 24, 2014, 7:14 pm
      Haha, thank you Sarah!! If you are ever in Omaha you will have to come cook and eat with me! And you definitely need to try spaghetti squash pad thai soon. I am excited to try your burrito bowl that you posted today!
  • Erin @ Her Heartland Soul September 24, 2014, 11:41 am
    Omg tempeh bacon? I want!! Erin @ Her Heartland Soul recently posted...An Avocado-rrific 24th Birthday PartyMy Profile
    • ClnEatingVegGrl September 24, 2014, 7:15 pm
      It is awesome! Maybe I will convert you into a tempeh lover after all ;)
  • Dana @ fresh simple five September 24, 2014, 11:49 am
    I don't really celebrate my half birthday, but I do always think about it on the day of! I love snacking on chips and salsa or any kind of dip really. There's a Greek yogurt jalapeno dip from Trader Joe's that I can't get enough of right now. So delicious! Dana @ fresh simple five recently posted...Out-the-Door Berry Greek Yogurt ParfaitMy Profile
    • ClnEatingVegGrl September 24, 2014, 7:16 pm
      Chips and salsa are one of those snacks that you never get tired of. I LOVE them... maybe a little too much? ;)
  • Lish September 24, 2014, 12:15 pm
    Happy Half birthday!! I totally celebrate too! Looks like a lot of yummy eats as usual :)
    • ClnEatingVegGrl September 24, 2014, 7:17 pm
      Good!! We should all celebrate, right?? :)
  • Kirtley @ The Gist of Fit September 24, 2014, 4:07 pm
    OK wow...I am SO excited I just found you!! I just turned more whole foods plant based, and LOVE everything you just posted!! Plus, you are from NE--one of my favorite states (lived there this summer). You're awesome! Kirtley @ The Gist of Fit recently posted...Health Queen Spotlight Time!My Profile
    • ClnEatingVegGrl September 24, 2014, 7:30 pm
      Thank you, Kirtley! I so appreciate that :) I hope you find some great WFPB ideas here!
  • Liz @ I Heart Vegetables September 24, 2014, 4:40 pm
    I'm such an apple person, too!! I'm glad it's apple season so they're a little easier on my budget, haha. Liz @ I Heart Vegetables recently posted...A Day in the KitchenMy Profile
    • ClnEatingVegGrl September 24, 2014, 7:32 pm
      You and me both! I hate spending $10 on a bag of apples ;)
  • Katie @ Daily Cup of Kate September 24, 2014, 5:34 pm
    I really think I could eat pancakes for every meal- especially pumpkin chocolate chip ones- yum!
    • ClnEatingVegGrl September 24, 2014, 7:34 pm
      I'd have to agree! Plus there are so many endless combinations for pancakes that we'd never get bored ;)
  • Sabrina @NutritiouslySweet September 25, 2014, 7:13 am
    Oh my! Can't wait for that pancake recipe. I'm back into a pancake kick now that the weather is starting to get chilly. And happy half birthday! I just realized my half birthday is a couple of days away from Christmas. Never thought of it :) Sabrina @NutritiouslySweet recently posted...Camping in Mt. MonadnockMy Profile
    • ClnEatingVegGrl September 25, 2014, 10:48 pm
      Well you most definitely NEED to celebrate it this year!!