I was originally planning on posting this recipe on Sunday, but since so many of you were excited for it (and because I already made you wait an eternity for the Vegan Vegetable Lasagna recipe), I am posting it early! Now sit back, relax, and get ready to read about one of the easiest and most delicious veggie-packed wrap recipes :).
Mushroom, Vegetable, and Hummus Stuffed Wraps
Slightly adapted from Tina’s recipe.
Servings: Makes 4 wraps (2 servings)
2 cups sliced baby bella mushrooms
1/2 red bell pepper, cut into slices
1/4 yellow onion, cut into slices
4 TB balsamic vinaigrette dressing (I used Trader Joe’s Fat-Free version)
water, for cooking
4 cups fresh spinach, roughly chopped
4 whole wheat wraps
4 TB tomato and basil hummus (I used Trader Joe’s brand)
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (I used Trader Joe’s vegan “cheese”)
1. Place mushrooms, peppers, onions, and dressing into a large Ziploc bag and seal. Toss until all of the vegetables are coated with the dressing. Put in the fridge and allow to marinate for approximately 1 hour.
2. Line a medium skillet with a thin layer of water. Heat over medium-high heat until very hot. Once hot, lower the heat to medium and add the marinated vegetables. Cook for approximately 6 to 8 minutes, or until the vegetables have softened.
3. Add spinach to the skillet. Lower the heat to medium-low and cook for approximately 2-3 minutes, or until the spinach has wilted.
4. While the vegetables are cooking. Spread eat wrap with one tablespoon of hummus. Top the hummus with 1/8 cup of the cheese.
5. When the vegetables are finished cooking, place one-quarter of the vegetable mixture onto each wrap.
6. Fold each wrap into the shape of a burrito.
Aside from the balsamic vegetables, the star of this wrap was definitely the hummus. This was the first time that I had tried Trader Joe’s tomato and basil hummus, but you had better believe that I will be buying it again. It is fantastic, and with these wraps and raw vegetables, I used it up in three days. Oops! 😉 But don’t worry if you do not have a Trader Joe’s near you. You can certainly substitute any flavor of hummus for this recipe.
I served my wrap with a side of perfectly crisp roasted asparagus, which I just so happen to currently be addicted to right now!
I ate two wraps for dinner and then ate two for lunch the next day at work. The ingredients reheated beautifully and tasted just a delicious the second time around.
I am already planning on when I can incorporate these wraps into my meal planning in future weeks. You really cannot beat a healthy, simplistic, and delicious recipe like these Mushroom, Vegetable, and Hummus Stuffed Wraps!