One of my family’s favorite meals that I fix is Vegetable & Ravioli Soup. It is easy to make, tastes delicious, and is low in calories with approximately 250 calories per serving. I adapted this recipe from an Eating Well recipe found here: http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/ravioli_vegetable_soup.html
Vegetable & Ravioli Soup
Servings: Approximately 6
1 TB extra virgin olive oil
3 cloves minced garlic
1 green pepper, diced
1 red pepper, diced
1 yellow onion, diced
crushed red pepper flakes (a few sprinkles)
2 14.5 oz cans OR 1 28 oz can of fire-roasted diced tomatoes w/ juices
4 -4 1/2 cups of hot water
4 tsp Better Than Boullion Vegetable Base
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp sweet basil seasoning
black pepper, to taste
2 medium zucchini, diced
12 oz package of frozen mini cheese ravioli (I actually used 1/2 of a 24 oz package)
1. Heat EVOO over medium heat in a large soup pan.
2. Cook garlic, peppers, onions, and crushed red pepper flakes until vegetables are tender (approximately 5-10 minutes).
3. Add in tomatoes, water, soup base, and seasonings. Raise heat to medium-high and bring to a boil.
4. Add zucchini. Boil for 2 minutes.
5. Add ravioli. Cook according to package directions. I boiled it for approximately 3-4 minutes.
This is the perfect meal to make with the cool, fall weather arriving this weekend.