I promised that I would be posting more recipes for roasted vegetables. Here is another great recipe for roasted brussel sprouts:
Brussel sprouts contain cancer-fighting properties, are low in calories and fat, and are good sources of vitamins C & K and potassium.
1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Cut the ends off of the brussel sprouts and remove any loose outer layers of the brussel sprouts. If the brussel sprouts are large, cut them in half.
3. Toss the brussel sprouts with EVOO, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper (I do not measure the amounts, but use a few sprinklings of each).
4. Place brussel sprouts onto a foil-lined cookie sheet.
5. Bake brussel sprouts for 15 minutes.
6. Remove brussel sprouts from oven, flip them, and continue cooking for approximately 10 minutes.
7. Sprinkle with sea salt before serving.
Oh and just an FYI, I never liked brussel sprouts before I tried them roasted. So even if you think you don’t like them, give this recipe a try!