Healthy Anti-Inflammatory Vegan Smoothies

in Breakfast, Smoothies, Snacks

This Healthy Anti-Inflammatory Vegan Smoothies collection is sponsored by Foodie.com through Mode Media.  All thoughts are 100% my own.

Smoothies CollageSources: Minimalist Baker| Eat, Love and Be Healthy| The Roasted Root| Connoisseurus Veg| Fit Foodie Finds

Last Thursday I shared a more personal post talking about some of my recent diet changes.  I mentioned that I am continuing to follow a mostly plant-based diet (roughly 85-90% of the time), but that I am working to adjust my diet in ways to hopefully address the chronic joint and music pain I have been facing over the past year.  I took the advice of many of you and have scheduled an appointment with a rheumatologist.  I am hoping that my doctor’s visit will help shed some light on this unexplained pain.  But until then, I am being especially diligent regarding what I am eating and drinking.

One step that I am taking is working to incorporate more anti-inflammatory foods into my diet.  I already mentioned last week that I am eating seafood a couple of times per week, but it turns out that there are a lot of plant-based foods with anti-inflammatory properties as well!

Did you know that all of the following foods can help decrease inflammation in the body (source)?

whole grains
dark leafy greens

nuts (especially almonds and walnuts)
soy milk
flax seeds
beets
ginger and turmeric
berries
tart cherries

Now do you know what is even better?  All of these foods can be thrown into a delicious and refreshing smoothie for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or dessert.  It is time to fight inflammation any time of day with healthy plant-based smoothies.  And lucky for you, I have created a Foodie.com collection with all of my favorites!  Enjoy 🙂

Check out Healthy Vegan Smoothies to Fight Inflammation

by Hannah at Foodie.com

• Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine January 15, 2015, 8:05 am

My favorite anti-inflammatory magic is TURMERIC!

• ClnEatingVegGrl January 15, 2015, 8:08 am

I LOVE turmeric in savory dishes, but haven’t tried it in smoothies just yet. I am excited to!

• Molly January 15, 2015, 8:32 am

I just got over strep throat and I couldn’t take Advil because of a drug interaction (and Tylenol doesn’t do much for me) and my mom recommended turmeric.

• ClnEatingVegGrl January 15, 2015, 1:06 pm

Isn’t it crazy how food can be medicine? Gotta love it 🙂

• Miranda @ Miranda Writes Blog January 15, 2015, 8:50 am

These look delicious! I love smoothies. I really should have more of them, if for no other reason than to eat some of the foods that I don’t get enough of in my regular diet (*cough, dark leafy greens, *cough)… =)

• ClnEatingVegGrl January 15, 2015, 1:07 pm

It is definitely the EASIEST way to sneak in those healthy dark leafy greens!

• Alli January 15, 2015, 8:56 am

I’ve never tried turmeric or ginger in a smoothie. I’ll definitely give it a go. Thanks.
    Alli recently posted…Pink Cowgirl PartyMy Profile

• ClnEatingVegGrl January 15, 2015, 1:08 pm

It seems to kind of be the new “it” ingredient for smoothies these days. Let me know if you try it out!

• jess meddows January 15, 2015, 9:29 am

This is great, Hannah! I’ve become a huge fan of using beet juice lately. The water where we live in Chiang Mai seems to really aggravate my skin and give me bad acne, and I’ve found beet juice does wonders.
    jess meddows recently posted…Bunner’s Bakery TorontoMy Profile

• ClnEatingVegGrl January 15, 2015, 1:11 pm

That’s so crazy! Isn’t it awesome how food can be our medicine? I have just recently starting eating beets, and I think it is going to take a little bit of time for me to get on board with them.

• Alissa Apel January 15, 2015, 10:17 am

This is a great source! We have a smoothie every morning. I have a lot of allergies, so I need a smoothie that helps with that!

I have a Breakfast Cookie Recipe up that’s gluten free, and sugar free. http://theapels.blogspot.com/2015/01/the-best-breakfast-cookies.html
    Alissa Apel recently posted…The Best Breakfast CookiesMy Profile

• ClnEatingVegGrl January 15, 2015, 1:13 pm

I truly believe that smoothies are the BEST way to start out your morning!

• Tianna January 15, 2015, 10:25 am

awesome! thanks for sharing these – love healthy smoothies with benefits 😀

http://StorybookApothecary.com ♥ Stop by for a chat 🙂
    Tianna recently posted…Apartment Decor IdeasMy Profile

• ClnEatingVegGrl January 15, 2015, 1:14 pm

You are so welcome, Tianna!! I hope you enjoy them 🙂

• Alissa January 15, 2015, 12:28 pm

Smoothies are my favorite way of getting some anit-inflammatory foods into my diet lately. This is an awesome collection! Thanks for the inspiration, and thanks for including one of mine. 🙂

• ClnEatingVegGrl January 15, 2015, 1:14 pm

Thank YOU for sharing such delicious recipes!! 🙂

• Julia January 15, 2015, 1:10 pm

Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food! I’m so sorry to hear you’ve been experiencing pain! I’m glad you’re taking a natural approach by starting with your diet, as I truly believe the foods we eat play a huge role in our overall health. Love this roundup, sister! Thanks for including my smoothie and cheers to no inflammation!
    Julia recently posted…Behind the Scenes Blog Tour + Evolution Fresh GiveawayMy Profile

• ClnEatingVegGrl January 15, 2015, 1:15 pm

Thanks for your kind thoughts, Julia! And thank YOU for sharing so many delicious recipes!

• Ariana January 15, 2015, 5:36 pm

Thank you for sharing all of these!! I have a big green smoothie every day, but I’ve been doing that for over a year now and I’m getting a little bored of my current rotation so I really appreciate these 🙂 They’ve definitely been pinned for some smoothie inspiration.

Good luck with your dietary changes! I hope they help you feel better!
    Ariana recently posted…Breaking Down a GoalMy Profile

• ClnEatingVegGrl January 15, 2015, 7:09 pm

Thanks, Ariana! I am glad you found some new recipes to try out. You’ll have to let me know which ones are your favorites!

• Olivia Schwab January 15, 2015, 6:28 pm

These sound really good!! I love smoothes!
    Olivia Schwab recently posted…Open When…My Profile

• ClnEatingVegGrl January 15, 2015, 7:09 pm

You and me both, Olivia! Let me know if you try any of the recipes!

• Liz @ I Heart Vegetables January 16, 2015, 6:52 am

I’m still having smoothies in the winter, too!
    Liz @ I Heart Vegetables recently posted…5 Things I Always Have in My PantryMy Profile

• ClnEatingVegGrl January 16, 2015, 7:29 am

Yay! I’m glad I am not the only “weird” one 😉

• Joanna @Makingmine January 16, 2015, 7:22 am

Oh yum! I was JUST talking about anti-inflammatory foods with my mom. I’ll have to share this post with her. She and my dad make smoothies together every morning!
    Joanna @Makingmine recently posted…today I know I’m pregnantMy Profile

• ClnEatingVegGrl January 16, 2015, 7:30 am

Oh yes, you definitely should! I heard turmeric can be pretty awesome. I’m hoping some of these work for me!